Create planet-friendly sunscreens with Ashland Inc‘s Antaron™ ECo. This globally-compliant film former is based on sustainably-sourced, zero-deforestation, wood-derived cellulose and provides high water resistance at low use levels.
Offering planet-friendly sun protection formulations for a day at the beach or an active lifestyle
Ashland’s Antaron™ ECo ethylcellulose is a naturally-derived and sustainably-sourced film former that provides excellent water resistance at a low use level of 0.5% in most formulations. Antaron™ ECo is also available in an easy-to-use gel form.
Key features and benefits:
- Derived from sustainably-sourced cellulose
- Listed on global chemical inventories (including Australia, Canada, China)
- High total renewable content, 68–70% natural origin content
- Excellent water resistance
- Great formula aesthetics
- Halal and Kosher certified
- Soluble in most skin care esters and organic UV filters (oil soluble)
- Works in wide pH range
- Works in O/W and W/O emulsions, anhydrous gels, and sprays